Saturday, December 19, 2015

#20 - The New Year is already here (1/7)

It's nearing the end of December, so I'm going to celebrate the New Year.

No, not 2016. 

2015. 

At the beginning of this year, I jumped on the #yourturn challenge, which was to write a blog post every day for 7 days. From January 19 to January 25, I blogged for 7 days. And it stuck. I finally began writing regularly and keeping this blog. 

First once a day, then once a week for all of February, and then settled into once a month. 

March, April, May.

June, July, August, and September. 

Then came October, and I stopped. 

The calendar had rolled to November 1, and I missed it. 

My 9-month streak was gone. And so was any motivation and momentum. There was nothing there. I haven't written a post since. 

Now it's December, and I'm about to end last year's "New Year." I figure it's not too late to get something done, so I'm going to start writing again. 

You see, the New Year is still a full year. It's not new for 3 months, and then it becomes an old year. It's a year for the full year. 

365 days that are all new. Every single one of them. (And an extra one on leap years, like the one coming up).

365 sunrises. 365 sunsets.

365 chances to do something because you can. Because you want to. Because you failed and you don't want that to be the end of the story. 

This will be the first post of another #yourturn challenge. A challenge to myself. Seven posts in seven days, ending on Christmas. That 7 month streak between March and September? This will match that in one week. 

So, here's to 2015. Before I start pondering next year, I'm going to finish this one strong, like I started it. 

And as you look forward to the beginning of 2016, remember that it's a full year you're celebrating. Another year we get to spend living and breathing and loving others. So enjoy all of it. 

Every day. Starting with this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment